Cockroach Pest Control Services In
Cockroach Facts & Information
If roaches are house hunting, they can check out your place by crawling through tiny gaps around doors, pipes and other open spaces. Some adults can grow fairly large, but can shimmy through slits as thin as one-sixteenth of an inch. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't simply attracted to messy households, although that will extend their stay. Instead, common roaches that invade homes seek out warmth, moisture and darkness. Pizza left sitting out on the counter is just an added bonus.
Cockroaches enter buildings in infested boxes, grocery bags, beverage cartons, furniture and dried pet foods. They also enter around loose-fitting doors and windows, where electrical lines or water and steam pipes pass through walls, in seasoned firewood and through sewer lines.
Most cockroaches are nocturnal and appear during daylight only when disturbed or where there is a heavy infestation. They prefer warm, dark, humid shelters, and often move around the kitchen sink or drainboard. They prefer to rest in cracks around, under or inside cupboards and cabinets; where pipes or electrical wiring pass along or through a wall; behind window or door frames, loose baseboards or molding strips; under tables and chairs; in upholstered furniture; in bathrooms; in radio and TV cabinets; and in motor compartments of refrigerators, washing machines and other appliances. It is important to know where cockroaches are hiding in your home because these are the locations that must be cleaned and treated.
Cockroaches feed on a variety of plant and animal products, including meat and grease, starchy foods, sweets, baked goods and other unprotected kitchen goods. They also feed on materials such as leather, wallpaper paste and book binding and sizing.
Cockroaches rank high on the homeowner's list of pest problems. Their presence in the home is objectionable and implies uncleanliness. Cockroaches contaminate food with excrement and salivary secretions, and they may leave an unpleasant odor. Cockroaches also carry disease organisms, although their role in transmitting diseases to humans is poorly documented.
The Rundown On Roaches:
- Cockroaches can produce 120-320 eggs in their lifetime.
- Cockroaches can transfer E. coli and salmonella from one food source to the next.
- Cockroaches can cause allergies and make people sick
- Cockroaches can live anywhere between a few months to a couple of years
How To Reduce The Chances Of A Roach Infestation
- Get a flashlight and search common roach hiding spots such as:
- Behind the refrigerator
- Under the sink
- Crevices, cabinets & shelves
- Closet door corners
- Bathroom cabinets and closets
- Insulate or caulk any loose windows or cracks in your foundation or walls to reduce the chance of additional pests entering your home
- Seal up any potential entry points for cockroaches, this includes but is not limited to holes around utility pipes, crawl spaces, cracks, crevices, as well as securing and sealing any loose windows and doors
Contact The Pest Control Pros In New Orleans
Pied Piper Pest Control provides a variety of pest removal services as well as yearly pest control services that can help protect your home or business! Contact us today for quick and effective treatment. For more information on Cockroaches and how we can assist with any potential infestation, contact us directly at (504)366-1333 or via our Contact Form and we will be in touch to detect, determine, and ensure that your home pest-free this Spring! Click here to learn more about cockroaches.